A lovely lunchtime snack.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion
6 pork sausages, skin removed
1 tsp mustard
1 sheet rolled puff pastry homemade or ready rolled
1 egg beaten
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan set over a medium heat then cook the onion for 8-10 mins until softened. Transfer to a large bowl and leave to cool.
2. Add the sausage meat and mustard to the bowl with the onions and mix together. Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200C, fan 180C.
3. Unroll the pastry and cut in half lengthways to make 2 long strips. Halve the sausage mix and lay each half along the long edge of one of the pastry strips in a thin sausage shape.
4. Tightly roll up the meat in the pastry, finishing with the join underneath. Press lightly to seal the join. Brush all over with the egg. cut each roll into 4.
5. Space the rolls out on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 30-35 mins, until golden, crispy and cooked through. Serve with ketchup for an extra bit of taste if you want.